We left Grand Island feeling rested and with full stomachs. Dave and Mary were fantastic hosts; it was sad to leave, but the weather improved, so we felt the urge to resume progress.
That night, when we arrived at our campsite in Lake Erie State Park, we spotted two other touring cyclists. Jay and Bob, two retired guys whose wives agreed to let them do a cross country tour, came over to chat with us. They are from Edinboro, PA and are doing the last leg of their trip first, so today was day one for them. They are heading to the CT shore, driving a van back home and flying to Seattle to bike home. Good luck, Jay and Bob!
Trip stats, to date (Day 16)
- Grand Island, NY to Brocton, NY
- Daily mileage: 69.5mi; Trip total to date: 886mi
- Daily riding time: 5hr 24min; Trip total time: 74hr 13min
- Daily ascent: 897ft; Trip total ascent: 37,752ft
- Flat tires: Rachel – 1; Chris – 0