We woke to a cool, breezy day in Penfield and were treated to a different kind of ride: in a buggy behind Hauk, a Norwegian Fjord pony. Jessica is a great driver!
After spending the day with the Clark’s, we resumed our riding – today only a short distance to Honeoye Falls to stay with our good friend Robin’s parents, Tom and Leah.
It was great fun seeing where Robin grew up! After meeting their big, friendly chocolate lab, Hunter, we quenched our thirst at the local brewery. After sampling, Tom generously treated us to two growlers: one of Dark Wit and one of Night Owl Cream Porter. 🙂
They served us delicious grilled chicken and potato salad for dinner, then we talked for a while before going to sleep in Robins old room. I knew she had been a good horseback rider in high school, but I never knew just how good!
Trip stats, to date (Day 12)
- Penfield, NY to Honeoye Falls, NY
- Daily mileage: 23.7mi; Trip total to date: 690.7mi
- Daily riding time: 1hr 54min; Trip total time: 57hr 59min
- Daily ascent: 820ft; Trip total ascent: 33,831ft
- Flat tires: Rachel – 1; Chris – 0