It was sad to leave the cottage this morning, but we comforted ourselves by planning to return on our drive back East once we’re finished with biking, if we have the time.
We rode a tailwind up to Seneca Falls and had lunch under a pavilion which was conveniently located across the street from a small market. Leftover steak and and some mixed veggies made for a great lunch and had us energized for the afternoon.
After greetings from Sharon, Jim, and all three Clark cousins (Jessica, Ryan, and Gavin, as well as Ryan’s fiancé, Kelly), we jumped in the pool to cool off from the ninety degree, humid weather. We then enjoyed a delicious dinner followed by not one but two desserts, while a wind storm passed through.
We were given the privilege of spending the night in the converted grain silo, complete with our own kitchen and bathroom!
Trip stats, to date (Day 11)
- King Ferry, NY to Penfield, NY
- Daily mileage: 80mi; Trip total to date: 667mi
- Daily riding time: 5hr 55min; Trip total time: 56hr 05min
- Daily ascent: 1,507ft; Trip total ascent: 33,011ft
- Flat tires: Rachel – 1; Chris – 0