This recipe is from Grandma Crispell, and it is delicious!
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 quart of peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Cream the butter and the sugar together (I don’t really know what creaming is, so I melted my (frozen) stick of butter a little in the microwave and then put it in my stand mixer and blended it together with the sugar with the whisk attachment)
- Mix in the flour and baking powder
- Mix in the milk
- Drain the juice from the peaches and save it
- Put the peaches in a baking container (I doubled the recipe and used my 9×11 ceramic creuset)
- Spread the mixture on top of the peaches (it is thick and hard to spread!)
- Pour the peach juice on top
- Bake for at least 45 minutes; I wound up doing an hour.
- Let cool and enjoy!