A Christmas tradition
Makes about 120.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 4 cups of crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 lbs. confectionary sugar (~5 cups)
- 4 cups of rice krispies (generous)
- 4-5 cups of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Crisco or 1/3 – 1/2 bar of cooking wax
- Melt the sticks of butter and the peanut butter and mix them together.
- Mix in the confectionary sugar.
- Mix in the rice krispies (this will be your arm workout for the day)
- Roll this mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- Melt the chocolate and crisco in a double broiler (bowl over boiling water on the stove).
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate, and place them on wax paper in the freezer or refrigerator to harden.
- Keep refrigerated, and enjoy!