- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 strips Canadian-style bacon
- 4 English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Hollandaise Sauce: Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water and bring to a gentle simmer. In top boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture. If hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water. Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated. Whisk in salt, then remove from heat. Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
- Poached Eggs: Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water. Bring water to a simmer/boil, then add vinegar. Carefully break eggs into water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- While eggs are poaching, brown the bacon and toast the English muffins.
- Spread toasted muffins with softened butter, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by one poached egg. Place 2 muffins on each plate and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Optional: sprinkle with chopped chives