I had to go to the Indian grocery store for the Urad Dal for this one. Radhika declared that it tasted just like in a restaurant, so I am pretty proud of this creation. (AND I took a lot of shortcuts, so it was pretty easy)
Use chicken thighs! Not breasts.
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp pepper
Grill ’em up.
- 2 large or 3 small eggplants
- flour and cornmeal, or preferred breading
- 2 eggs
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Tomato sauce (preferred – Prego traditional)
- vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Skin the eggplant and slice it into quarter inch thick pieces
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and stir them
- In a second bowl, mix cornmeal with flour (1:1 ratio)
- In a pan on the stove, heat up oil that is about a quarter of an inch deep
- Dip each eggplant slice in the egg, then coat it in the cornmeal and flour mix.
- Place it in the oil until it is golden brown, being sure to flip it to get both sides.
8. In a large pan, coat the bottom with a single layer of eggplant. In order to fill in the spaces between eggplant slices, cut up a slice. Try to leave as few openings as possible.
9. Add a layer of sauce, spreading it around with the spoon.
10. Finally, add a layer of cheese. Sprinkle the mozzarella on first, and then add the Parmesan.
11. Repeat steps 8-10 so that you have two full layers.
12. Bake for 30-35 minutes and enjoy!
Courtesy of Liz Ackley
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic (any form)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cube the potatoes
- Lightly coat the potatoes with olive oil
- Put the potatoes on a cookie sheet
- Sprinkle on the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Bake for 1 hour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- butter and olive oil for cooking
- Mix the spices together, and coat the chicken in the mix.
- In a pan, heat up butter and olive oil on medium heat.
- Add lime juice and saute the chicken for about 6 minutes on each side