We realized today that we’ve been riding through district 12 and didn’t even know it. There are a lot of small mining towns, and the road we’re on is the Coal Heritage Trail Scenic Byway.
This morning while we waited for a slow train at a crossing, Rachel mailed some postcards.
Trip stats, to date (Day 26)
- Minden, WV to Camp Creek, WV
- Daily mileage: 46.3mi; Trip total to date: 1,442.8mi
- Daily riding time: 4hr 10min; Trip total time: 130hr 46min
- Daily ascent: 4,047ft; Trip total ascent: 66,823ft
- Flat tires: Rachel – 1; Chris – 0