This recipe was given to me at my bridal shower by my cousin, Jenn. It’s delicious, and it came with this sweet note from her, which is fitting, since I call Chris my “Adventure Buddy”:
“Congratulations on finding an amazing partner to share life’s adventure!”
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 orange
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Zest the orange and then cut it into slices.
- On a baking sheet or pan, place the salmon fillets on individual pieces of parchment paper. Cover with orange slices and sprinkle with some of the rosemary and salt and pepper. Close the parchment with toothpicks.
- Make the sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat on the stove.
- Add garlic and the rest of the rosemary and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add in the chicken broth and let it reduce.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons of orange zest, orange juice, and honey.
- Whisk in the corn starch
- Season with salt and pepper
- Boil for one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon
- Goes great with black Japonica rice!