We packed up early this morning and relaxed for a while as breakfast was prepared. We had fruit, cereal, a pastry, and a slice of chocolate cake each. We were even sent off with extra fruit in tow. Thanks again, Dave; we really enjoyed our stay with you!
Mother Nature has continually teased us with clouds that threaten rain each afternoon since it is extremely hot and humid. They haven’t delivered yet, though. This afternoon, though, we stopped for ice cream and suited up with rain covers before leaving.
It’s fortunate that we did, because this time was no bluff. It felt great when the first drops fell as we were climbing the next few hills.
We camped under a pavilion behind the Booneville Presbyterian Church. It was a free night, the tent stayed dry, and we got showers (cold ones, but I’m not complaining)! Nick and Mike met us there for a second night together.
Trip stats, to date (Day 31)
- Hindman, KY to Booneville, KY
- Daily mileage: 67.8mi; Trip total to date: 1,785.2mi
- Daily riding time: 5hr 51min; Trip total time: 160hr 18min
- Daily ascent: 5,504ft; Trip total ascent: 96,212ft
- Flat tires: Rachel – 1; Chris – 0